Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Smiths Deals Sept 3- Sept 9

Smith's is having their big Case Lot sale this week. I am a HUGE fan of case lot sales. I love being able to buy a whole case of tomato sauce, Cream of Mushroom/chicken, tomato soup, chicken noodle soup, and whatever else I want. Although it may cost a little more up front and it's harder to use coupons on stuff like this to get a big bulk of these, I still love being able to buy a whole bunch of cans once or twice a year and then not have to worry if I have a can of Cream of Chicken when I need it. A good idea that my mom did when we were growing up was to set aside a portion of their tax return in March or April and then save it until August when stores did their case lot sales, that way they already had the money set aside to stock up on the case lot items without taking it out of their normal grocery budget.

If you are wanting to participate in this sale a good idea to know what to get would be to make a dinner list. Last time I did a case lot sale I decided on about 10 meals that we regularly have at our house, the "Staple" meals that always get made. I then made a list of the cans, pastas, whatever it is that we need to make these dinners and then I go and buy a case of those items. That way I know I can always make one of those 10 dinners when I am too tired or not creative enough to come up with a dinner idea. It is so nice to have a storage of different foods on hand for our "comfort meals" not to mention we really should have a food storage for emergencies and this is a good way to stock up.

Here is a list of the BEST deals that are included in the Case Lot Sale:

Maruchan Ramen Noodles, 24 ct- $2.40 or $.10 each
Kroger Tomato Paste, 6 oz, 24 ct- $7.99 or $.33 each
Kroger Cheese 8 oz bars or shredded mild or medium cheddar, 12 ct.- $14.99 or $1.25 for 8 oz.
Hunts Pasta Sauce 26 oz, 12 ct- $8.99 or $.75 each
Dinty Moore Beef Stew, 24 oz, 12 ct- $19.98 or $1.69 each


Here is a list of some GOOD Deals that are included:

Kroger Bath Tissue 12 double rolls- $19.96 or $1.66 for a 4 count pack
Kroger Canned Fruit, Pears, Peaches, or Fruit Cocktail, 15.25 oz, 24 ct- $18.89 or $.79 each
Kroger Cream Soups, 24 ct- $11.99 or $.50 each
Kroger Everyday Paper Towels 12 ct- $6.99 or $.58 a roll
Kroger Mandarin Oranges (my kids LOVE these!) 24 ct- $7.99 or $.34 each
Kroger Tomatoes 14.5 oz stewed or diced, 24 ct- $10.49 or $.44 each
Libby's Veggies (corn, Green Beans or Peas) 24 ct- $9.99 or $.44 each

No comments: