Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Few Great Articles Worth Reading

It seems my blog has been a little slow lately, I apologize! My husband just got done with school on Thursday and then did an all nighter, literally, for his work. He was gone from 8:00 in the morning on Thursday until 7:45 in the morning on Friday! So yesterday we all just took it easy and hung out as a family. Hopefully I'll be able to pick things up again on Monday!

Until then, come back tonight for the Walgreens and Rite Aid deals for next week. And if anyone is interested I've read a few GREAT articles this week by fellow bloggers and thought I would share what I have been reading.

Frugaldad.com had a great article yesterday about Household Uses for Vinegar! This was a great article on frugal ideas that I had never heard of before like a Vinegar Foot Soak, and vinegar spray solution for car windows in the winter. Make sure to read the comments sections as well, there are some other great ideas given by readers.

Ourbestbites.com is one of my favorite recipe websites! They do tutorials of recipes as well as take pictures through the process so you know EXACTLY what things should look like when they are done. They are the website I went to for the Homemade Flour Tortillas I talk about a while back.

This week they have been doing Christmas Treats and I thought these would be some great frugal ideas for friends, neighbor, teachers, and whoever else you want gift ideas. You can go HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, or HERE for some of my favorite ideas! Or you can just go to ourbestbites.com and look through all their great recipes.

Common Sense with Money had a great little article this morning about ways to save money for Christmas including earning free gift cards and using the freebies at CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid for great stocking stuffers! I actually have been doing this for my hubby. We have set a pretty small budget for each other so instead of buying him just little things I bought him one big thing and then am using the freebies at the drugstores for his stocking stuffers and other small gifts like the Phillips headphones that were Free after rebate at Riteaid a couple of weeks ago! Don't worry, I've just told you one of the things I'm getting for my hubby for christmas but I can guarantee you he doesn't ever look at this blog. He will have nothing to do with shopping! I have to give him coupons to stores I like in hopes he will get me something good for Christmas for a good deal and stretch the money that he has! :)

MoneySavingMom had a great Guest post by the Homespun Heart yesterday on cute gift wrapping ideas with brown craft paper and ribbons that I really enjoyed.


Enjoy the articles and come back later tonight for the Walgreens and Rite Aid deals for next week!

1 comment:

Kate @ Our Best Bites said...

Thanks for the shout-out! I really love your new look! :)